About the Program
Through the new residency program EHESS at Camargo, the École des hautes études en sciences sociales (EHESS) and the Camargo Foundation aim to stimulate relations and exchanges between scholars and artists for the development of projects at the interface between the social sciences and all areas of the arts.
- Open to artists (must reside abroad)
- Open to scholars (must belong to an EHESS lab)
- Call open until March 29, 2020 (midnight - Paris time)
- Production-oriented program
About the Partner
The École des hautes études en sciences sociales (EHESS), French Graduate School of Social Sciences and Humanities, brings together scholars and students from all over the world with the aim at bringing together all disciplines of social sciences and humanities to understand societies in all their complexity. Since its creation as autonomous institution in 1975, history, sociology, anthropology, economics, social sciences, philosophy, geography, literary studies, psychology and cognitive sciences are practised at EHESS in a permanent interdisciplinary dialogue. The institution hosts 40 research units organized around a field, an approach or, for the purpose of a third of them, a "cultural area". More than 800 teachers and scholars develop knowledge, train and supervise master's and PhD students and scholars. EHESS has a very important centre in Marseille.
Learn more: www.ehess.fr
- The scholar must belong to an EHESS lab
- The artist must be the main designer of a new work or project. To be eligible, the artist must reside abroad
- The selection committee will be particularly attentive to teams working in connection with the Marseilles activities of EHESS (especially the Festival Allez Savoir) or with Camargo's priorities for the future of our societies.
- Priority may also be given to projects for which a cultural institution is approached for production and/or promotion. The result of the collaboration will be presented to the EHESS and to Camargo during the residency.
The residency fellowship will include:
- Hosting the team in residence during the month of residence at the Camargo Foundation (provision of an apartment with a fully equipped kitchen and bathroom);
- A one-month fellowship of an amount equivalent to that of the visiting professors program (4,000 euros for 28 days), as well as the costs related to the scholar's residence (transportation costs if necessary, per diem).
The residences will last a total of four weeks (possibility of one or two stays) and will take place between June 2020 and May 2021. The dates will be determined according to the availability of the team and the Camargo Foundation.