About the Program
The French School for Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences (EHESS) and the Camargo Foundation are joining forces for the second year with the residency program EHESS at Camargo, which offers a one-month residency at the Camargo Foundation (between April 2021 and April 2022) for an artist and a scholar in social sciences. The aims of the program are to stimulate relations and connections between scholars and artists, and to develop projects at the interface between the social sciences and all arts disciplines with a view to joint production.
- Open to artists (must reside abroad)
- Open to scholars (must belong to an EHESS lab)
- Production-oriented program
About the Partner
The École des hautes études en sciences sociales (EHESS), French Graduate School of Social Sciences and Humanities, brings together scholars and students from all over the world with the aim at bringing together all disciplines of social sciences and humanities to understand societies in all their complexity. Since its creation as autonomous institution in 1975, history, sociology, anthropology, economics, social sciences, philosophy, geography, literary studies, psychology and cognitive sciences are practised at EHESS in a permanent interdisciplinary dialogue. The institution hosts 40 research units organized around a field, an approach or, for the purpose of a third of them, a "cultural area". More than 800 teachers and scholars develop knowledge, train and supervise master's and PhD students and scholars. EHESS has a very important centre in Marseille.
Learn more: www.ehess.fr
- The scholar must belong to an EHESS lab
- The artist must be the main designer of a new work or project. To be eligible, the artist must reside abroad
- The selection committee will be particularly attentive to teams working in connection with the Marseilles activities of EHESS (especially the Festival Allez Savoir) or with Camargo's priorities for the future of our societies.
- Priority may also be given to projects for which a cultural institution is approached for production and/or promotion.
- The result of the collaboration will be presented to the EHESS and to Camargo during the residency.
Click here to read the 2021 guidelines. These guidelines exist in French only, as French is the language of the application and selection processes. Work developed during the residency may be in any language.
The call closed on February 28, 2021.
The residences will last a total of four weeks (possibility of one or two stays) and will take place between April 2021 and April 2022. The dates will be determined according to the availability of the team and the Camargo Foundation.